Last Tuesday, we delivered a joint webinar with GlobalLogic, entitled “Capitalizing on the mHealth Opportunity with Connected Products.” Thanks to all of you who participated. For those of you who could not attend, we encourage you to access the recording.
During the webinar, we detailed the top mHealth business drivers for product manufacturers and solution providers. GlobalLogic then shared best practices on implementation and concluded with an overview of VitalsNOW, a connected medical device framework based on the Axeda M2M Cloud Service.
Demonstrated at Axeda Connexion ’12, VitalsNOW can help speed up the commercial implementation of your mHealth solution. Use case scenarios range from vital sign monitoring in an ambulatory/home setting to monitoring multiple patients with multiple connected products. The framework supports a variety of medical devices (pulse oximeters to blood pressure monitors to others); custom hardware, cellular modems, and even Androids; leverages the rich functionality of the Axeda Platform; and has built-in functions (device status, reporting, alerts) and supports multiple platforms (Web, PC, tablet, smart phone).
GlobalLogic is available to demonstrate VitalsNOW. If mHealth is vital to your business, we want to hear from you!
You don’t need to look any further than our daily news headlines for how mHealth (also referred to as mobile health or telemedicine) is shortening the distance between doctors and patients in improving and delivering critical care to the far reaches of the globe.
mHealth is quickly emerging as the fastest-growing M2M segment with these impressive growth estimates:
- mHealth-related symposiums, conferences, and tradeshows are at record highs.
- Google hits for mHealth will more than double from last year to ~300,000 in 2012.
- mHealth revenues are projected to grow to $32.5 billion globally by 2018 ― up from 13.2 billion in 2011.
With countless life-saving stories involving the elderly and the critically ill, it’s easy to see how mHealth has become such as media darling. But what is the key enabler to mHealth’s success in achieving such hyper growth?
Medical product manufacturers and solution providers view connected products as the key to combating rising costs and generating more revenue by enabling healthcare organizations to extend patient care to more and more remote locations, including households.
With simplified connectivity, cloud-based application platforms, and organizations to create tailored solutions, everything from pill dispensers to dialysis machines to patient monitoring devices and more are becoming connected products.
So, what are five ways in which medical product manufacturers and solution providers are capitalizing on the mHealth opportunity?
- Remotely monitor equipment in improving asset uptime and operation (without patient involvement)
- Automate the software patch delivery process in reducing costly service visits
- Send treatment data directly from the equipment to doctors in delivering real-time information and avoiding patient transport/visits
- Monitor solution levels for automated resupply in increasing consumable revenue
- Track equipment for improved inventory management and auditing
Interested in learning more? Join Axeda and GlobalLogic for an upcoming Webinar: Capitalizing on the mHealth Opportunity with Connected Products.